Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Patience

We have had to be so patient throughout this entire process. Time sometimes seems to move very sloowww....But, I must say that we are not the only ones who have had to practice their patience. Our family loves these little guys so much and has had to be very patient in getting time to touch, hold, and overall love on these little boys. This week their patience paid off because the grandparents got to hold their grandsons for the very first time. It was really a special moment. The other grandparents will get to come this weekend for their special time with the babies. Cam and Sullivan are two very lucky and loved little boys!

Grandpa gets to hold Camden for the very first time!


Grandma is enjoying snuggling with Sullivan...looks like he is lovin' it too!


Group shot! First 3 generation photo.

Love ya, Bro!

Professionals....just like riding a bike.

It was a really special thing to see my own mom holding one of my little boys. (tear!)

Tonight I had the pleasure of meeting up with some women who are going to be reading through this book. A neighbor and friend invited me to join this group and I am nothing short of honored and excited to be able to learn from these ladies. There are women and mothers there from all seasons of life/motherhood. I can tell that I already love the book. It is easy to get caught up in all of the many theories of parenting out there....overwhelming may be a better word. It is refreshing to know that the most powerful thing that we can do for our children is to pray. Thank you, D.R., for inviting me to be a part of this group!


(Quick update! The boys are doing GREAT! They are now taking three meals a day from mom, continue to love their open crib (aka maintaining their own temps very well), and are growing! They are both staying strong and steady a little over 4 lbs. Sullivan has continued to be able to avoid a blood transfusion and the next major "check" is their eye exam, which we are told will be in the next few days or so. We would love continued prayer for their feeding (that they can continue to grow while receiving oral feedings), and against infections/germs as they are in an open crib. I would also love to ask for prayer for our NICU friends, the Olivers and the Stevens. Thanks so much!)

2 comments:

Kathy Downey said...

I can't even imagine how excited Mike and Judy were to be holding their grandchildren at last. Precious times for sure. I so enjoy your blog. Love to all, Kathy Downey

Anonymous said...

Wow, Cheryl & Chris, they look amazing. Their progress is awesome!