Thursday, May 13, 2010

Humbled and Amazed: Our new reality

....from a new "mamma"

I have a confession to make. Often when I read the blogs of others if there is a lot of typing I usually don't read it. I am more of a "look at the pictures" kind of blog reader. If you are like me, then this post might not interest you because I don't have any pictures of the little guys. Well, I do, but they are across the room and I am comfy in my (hospital) bed letting the swelling go down from my feet. So...this post will be text only.

Humbled.
We have always loved being surrounded by friends and family. Our new reality is that we not only love being surrounded by friends and family, but we are also humbled at the outpouring of love, compassion, and generosity. I never tire of answering the phone and responding with "yes! we'd love to see you". I never tire of answering the question of "what happened..we just saw you ______day?". I never tire of showing our pictures (thanks Mom and Dad for printing those by the way) of our baby boys to friends and family. (yep, I think I will be that mom who carries an album in her purse). So, to all of you who have called, visited, texted, emailed, facedbooked (verb, ha!), and prayed for us....we are so humbled.

Amazed.
The whole pregnancy "thing" always fascinated us. Our new reality is that we daily marvel at what a miracle a tiny baby really is. As I was looking at Cam today I tried to take everything in. Did you know that even his cuticles on his toes (...which look like his fathers might I add) have perfectly formed cuticles? Wow! Also tonight I was amazed to see the milk that I had just pumped and put into a syringe, flow straight from that same exact syringe into a tube that will provide Sullivan with nourishment to help him grow (Cam ate too...don't worry!). What a perfect equation God has created. We stand Amazed.

No comments: