Wednesday, May 19, 2010

yawn.

Before Chris went to sleep tonight, he said (very apologetically) "Im sorry but I dont think that i have the energy to post something on the blog". You could see it all over his face that it was as if he was "letting down" his sons and friends and family. So, be easy on him. I assured him it was okay. I knew that I would be up again in a few hours and that I would try to post their status (sorry, no pictures though because we did not have time to pull them from the camera. I can assure you that they are still super adorable!).

Today was a good day for the boys. At this point, BOTH boys are off of any breathing assistance (no more nasal cannula for Cam...way to go buddy!). BOTH boys are off of phototheraphy. BOTH boys continue to be able to handle their feeds, although Sullivan is doing better than Camden. When we were leaving for the night, the nurse was switching their feeding tubes from little mouth tubes to nose tubes so that they can practice sucking on a paci without interference (and boy...Sullivan took right to that. Today we caught him sucking his thumb. It was so cute! With my history we figure braces will be in the cards anyway.....so go for it buddy!)

Please pray. Please pray against infection (a constant prayer for babies in the NICU). Please pray that their digestive system would/continue to respond to the food. Please pray that their mommy and daddy can continue to be strong through the coming days.

The last one is probably geared more towards me. Today was tough. Not sure why. I was doing great all day until we had to leave the hospital tonight (our first trip home) around 5:00pm. I am sure it is because I am tired but I just couldnt kick that weepy feeling. Maybe a good cry is what I need? Maybe it is a Nicholas Sparks' movie? Maybe (probably) it is some strong prayers.

Thank you family and friends.

( I couldnt think of a better title and since I started typing I yawned about 9 times I thought that might be fitting)

Oh, and congrats to my friends who just had a sweet baby boy tonight. Can't wait till our boys can play together. I know that J. was a trooper with a really long labor. Way to go!!!!!!

4 comments:

wendi spears said...

Thanks for keeping us informed. I find your blog to be so inspiring. We all love you guys, and think of you all often. Remember it is okay to cry--it does make you feel better. You guys are awesome. I am dropping off some food later today. Always in my thoughts and prayers--Wendi Spears

Andrea Bartel said...

It's okay to cry! I cried all the time. I cried at the TV, the thought of Ava's sweet face, the generosity of all our friends and family! If you ever need to talk please call...I'm always here for you even if I am in PA! Miss and love you!!!

Andy said...

It is okay to cry and healthy. Even as a guy going through this, I had to break down a couple of times. It's hard being surrounded by so many other infants in need. It's hard to be out of control and rely on the nurse's to take care of your children...and the schedule and constant beeping of the machines. It's torture sometimes. BUT...it will be over soon and you'll look back and wonder how you did it. Keep your head up. Look at our blog for pictures of 3 year old girls that survived their 39 days in the NICU. They inspire me every day!

agsinak.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Girlfriend, you cry all you want. It is a new moms job to cry. Shoot, I'm crying now!! Ha! I can't wait for our babies to play together. Love you!